Review: Elle Macpherson Dentelle

By 5:14 PM

Hi, everyone! Wow, I really meant to post a lot more often, but things have been a little crazy the last couple of weeks! I just changed jobs and did a lot of traveling, so it has been incredibly hectic. It's nice to finally sit down and write a review I've been meaning to do for a while.

The star of today's show: the Elle Macpherson Dentelle.


This beauty comes in a ton of color combinations, but my favorite was this retro cream/blue number. It's sexy, pretty, and vintage all at the same time.

The fit: This bra looks divine on. I snagged this bra in a 30E and found that it has a rather unique construction with stretchy lace on top, a seam in the middle, and vertical balconette-like seams on the bottom. Dentelle comes in sizes 30-38 B-G (not inclusive). It gives a perfect projected, rounded, soft shape.




One thing I absolutely love about this bra is that it has three rows of hooks and eyes. I've come across very few bras in my size with thick bands. It feels very sturdy, flattering, and definitely adds to vintage feel.


One thing that is less than ideal about the bra is the strap length. As you can see, I have the straps tightened all the way and they are still slightly too long (but manageable). This could be because I am only 5'0 tall though, so it's possible that a taller lady would be just fine in it.

And here's the very unfortunate deal breaker: the material is very, very itchy on the inside of the cups so it irritated my sensitive skin to an unmanageable degree. The inside of the vertical seams at the bottom of the cup are a bit rough and I could not handle the irritation. I was so sad to send this bra back because it is one of the prettiest things I have ever put on and fit like a dream, but my skin just did not agree with it.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So glad to see a review of this, as I was quite literally just thinking about ordering it! Sad to hear about the itchy fabric though. I may have to give it a whirl anyway- that is one gorgeous bra.

    ReplyDelete