The Frustration of Being In Between Sizes

By 9:00 AM

Dear Readers,

Forgive me, but today I have to rant a little. The same issue keeps coming up in nearly every single style, brand or cut of bra I try - I am right between two different cup sizes! That means I always have to pick the lesser evil between gaping cups and too much coverage or slight spillage and quadboob.

I had this issue before I had my breast augmentation - I was right in between a 28DD and a 28E (or 30D & 30DD if I wanted a looser band). By some strange luck, my size increased by exactly two cup sizes, leaving me with the same exact problem, so now I am right in between a 28F and a 28FF (in a perfect world, I would need a 28F1/2). I find myself going for the smaller size, since I'd rather have a little bit of tightness than unfilled cups that gape when I lean over. However, the worst problem is not usually gaping, but straps that rub against my underarms and wires that are far too wide. I wish I could have a boost in the volume of the cup without changing the height and wire proportions. I don't quite understand why cup height increases so dramatically when going up just one size...

I've heard Comexim offers customizations where cup height can be reduced. Have any of you tried this option? Do you have any suggestions to make a girl in between sizes a little bit more comfortable?

Florence

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is known as having "short boobs" but another way to look at it is just that you're very projected or perhaps wider than average. Your width and/or your projection is what the bra designer had in mind for the larger of the two cup sizes, but the height of your breast root is the height the designer assumed for the smaller of the two sizes. If you can figure out which of these two (wider than average, more projected, or both) matches your shape, you'll be on the way to tracking down bras which fit you since you will know what features to look for. I'm not wide-shaped at all, but I am super projected, so I just need to scour all the designs that have deeper and narrower cups than average, and cherry pick the ones that happen not to be particularly tall. It's a process, but you can find what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your reply, Wendy!

      I'm not exactly sure which of the two scenarios it is. I think I have moderate projection, since I have mod+ implants, which are sort of in the middle of the road when it comes to projection profiles. I'm definitely not shallow but I'm not projected enough to fill out bras like Panache Tango II and the Freya Patsy 3-Part Plunge.

      In terms of width, my best fitting wires are that of the Ewa Michalak 3DM Burek in 70DD. They follow my roots almost perfectly - they could stand to be 1/2 a centimeter narrower, but that bra is the best I have in terms of wire fit. I'm not exactly sure what the cut-offs are for wide/average/narrow roots though. :)

      Delete
    2. Well again projection is a relative concept when it comes to bra fit; if woman A and women B both have busts with a projection of roughly 4" from the torso, but woman A has average to tall boobs whereas woman B's breast tissue is concentrated over a smaller than average height, then woman B is going to have to seek out bra designs that are cut deep(ish). That way she can find the depth she needs, in a cup size where the designers don't assume that she also needs super tall cups. Does that make any sense?

      Delete