Review: Fortnight Mira Bodysuit

By 2:24 PM



It is rare to find a piece of lingerie so beautiful, it has the power to transform a woman's entire disposition, but Fortnight's Mira bodysuit did just that. The moment I put on the garment, I instantly forgot that I had spent all day sitting in front of a computer and crunching numbers - I felt like an alluring dame from the 1920s. This bodysuit accentuates the best parts of my figure and smoothes out everything else. It doubles as a classy piece of lingerie and a shaping garment that creates flawless lines under clothing.

Having read several reviews by Windie Gardie, I knew to expect impeccable quality and unique designs from Fortnight, but I was truly impressed by the subtle sheen of the pale fabric.  From the photographs I had seen on Fortnight's website for the AW'14 collection, I expected more of a solid color, but the way lilac lace plays in the light adds to the glamour and refinement of the Mira bodysuit.


The bodice gently smooths the waist and pulls the breasts forward. From behind, I would describe the bodysuit as halfway between a cheeky bikini cut and a thong. It covers just enough to create a flattering line, but is minimal enough to avoid a feeling of bulk when worn with a close-fitting skirt or dress.



As I do not have typical proportions of waist to hips and bust, while the fit in the bodice feels absolutely ideal in a size S, the cups and bottom portion could be a bit roomier. I plan on exchanging for a size M to see if I can get a slightly better fit in those areas, but should the waist be too large, the snugger fit of the S reviewed here is by no means a deal breaker.

I look forward to trying more Fortnight garments in the future. I have my eye on the Mira and Luna longlines, if I can ever manage to find them in my size!

Have you tried Fortnight? What do you think of their overall aesthetic?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You look gorgeous in this! The lace is really something, almost metallic in person.

    ReplyDelete