Review: Forty Winks + Fortnight

By 8:44 AM


Today I will be talking about a fabulous lingerie boutique called Forty Winks and how it allowed me to add the elusive Fortnight Luna longline to my collection.


Forty Winks is located in the heart of Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA. I had passed by the storefront a few times on my way to meet friends for drinks in the Square, but had never gotten a chance to go in. It was when I fell in love with Fortnight lingerie that I finally found myself making a trip, as Forty Winks is Fortnight's only stockist in the state of Massachusetts.

The shop is run by Rachel Wentworth and Meredith Donaldson, two friendly and wonderfully knowledgeable women that have made my customer experience nothing but exceptional. The homey vintage decor is tasteful and inviting, making shopping here even more pleasant. Forty Winks carries a variety of high end brands like Chantelle, Princess Tam Tam, Else, Elle Macpherson, Mimi Holliday and many others in sizes 30-40 A-H, but your size isn't normally stocked in a certain style, Rachel and Meredith will happily place a special order for you.




I excitedly arrived at Forty Winks several weeks ago looking for a Fortnight longline, but unfortunately only found a few items from last season, none of which were in my size. I rambled to Rachel about my love for the brand's aesthetic, and she was happy to engage me. She notified me that in several weeks, her picks from the AW'14 Fortnight collection would be arriving in store and invited me behind her computer to browse the items and sizes she had selected, later taking down my contact information to notify me upon the collection's arrival.  It was so refreshing to speak with someone who truly shared my love of lingerie and was willing to help me find exactly what I was looking for.


Although Rachel's Fortnight selections were beautiful, the Vega, Luna and Mira longlines that I had been dying to try were not on her list.  However, when I contacted Fortnight's customer service in search of one of those pieces, the brand's designer and founder, Christina Remenyi herself, assured me that she could send a Luna longline to the store so I could purchase it there! I was so thrilled with Fortnight's and Forty Winks' wonderful customer service coming together to help me track down an item I couldn't find anywhere else.

I walked away with a beautiful Luna longline in the dusty rose color way and I couldn't be happier! 


I can't say enough good things about this piece. Not only is it beautifully crafted, but it provides a surprising amount of support for a wireless bra. In a 30F, the cups fit perfectly without cutting in and the band runs quite snug, which is exactly what I need right now after losing some weight, since most of my 30-band bras feel far too lose to wear right now. If you are in between band sizes, I would definitely recommend sizing up in this style. The bra is available in sizes 30-36 A-F.



The cups are made of a soft beige mesh with a white elastic trim and the bodice is an iridescent, silky rose. I have fairly even breasts with equal upper and lower fullness, so the construction works perfectly for me, but I imagine women with a lot of upper pole fullness might find the white trim to cut in. 


The back of the Luna features a continuation of the beige mesh and white trim, with four rows of hooks and eyes. Everything about this bra is just so comfortable. On my long vacation to the Pacific Northwest, I wore it on my plane ride across the county and on several long car trips and it was as close as one can get to being braless, except with a great silhouette and uplift. 


If you fit into Fortnight's size range, I would absolutely recommend trying out their collection. The quality, aesthetic and craftsmanship is some of the best I have seen. Even though the price point is higher than I normally go for, ranging from $90 to $170, I have no doubt that these garments are worth every penny. I couldn't help myself and bought a Mira slip in the sage colorway as well...oops! Review coming soon.

And if you live anywhere near Cambridge, Massachusetts, please stop by Forty Winks, I promise you won't be disappointed.


-Florence





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fortnight is just so fantastic - so glad you chose this set to review! People need to know how great this line is. :)

    ReplyDelete